Saturday, April 9, 2011

Walking Fashion Statement Day 1

This just happens to be what I'm wearing when I conceived my Walking Fashion statement idea. My coverage this way was a memorial/commemoration of World War Two Veterans, so it was a very casual community event in Filipino Town. I also had a work meeting in Universal Studios. These were some of our international execs from the company in town for a project. Weather was a pleasant mid 60s with a light breeze, so I figured my sweater jacket thingie would be perfect.



From top to bottom
Shirt- Van Huessen White/black broken pinstripe (Van Huessen Outlet Citadel $10)
Tie- DKNY slim tie green (Ross or Marshalls $10 got it a long time ago)
Sweater- INC Zip Up light gray (Macy's Clearance Section $20 )
Jeans- Banana Republic Bootcut (Bana Republic Outlet Citadel about $25 I think, I had an extra 40% coupon that day)
Shoes-Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars Green Lowcut (Converse Outlet Citadel $24 black Friday extra 40% )

So not bad, I came out with this casual, comfortable, but still professional enough ensemble for less than a hundred bucks. Most of the stuff here was purchased within the the past 6 months, most of it coming from multiple trips to the Citadel Outlets in Commerce, just off the 5.

I know a lot of ladies don't like Citadel because it's smaller compared to other outlets, but if you're a dude like me, I'm actually complete there. I have my higher end Banana, CK, as well as my mid range Ecko, lower priced-but-quality Van Huessen, H&M. And I got my shoe fix at Nike and Converse and even Reebok. So my LA friends, Citadel might be a good place to stretch that fashion dollar.

Tomorrow's Preview: Got work, I'm doing a story on a magazine shoot, so it'll be casual, and I'm eyeing some of my goodies from Crooks & Castles.

1 comment:

  1. Love the epic style. Asian clark kent is beast

    ReplyDelete